These two hosting companies are quite popular in the industry, and I have explored their features and performance in depth. In this blog post, I’ll share my insights and compare the key aspects of Hostinger and Bluehost.
I hope this will help you make an informed decision about your own website. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced blogger, finding the right hosting provider is crucial for your online success. So, let’s dive in and discover which of these options suits your needs best!
Share Hosting Basie Package comparison table of Bluehost and Hostinger:
|Price per Month
|10 GB SSD Storage, Free CDN, 1 Website, Free Domain 1st Year, Free SSL, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
|+ 3 Months Free
|Free Domain, 1 Website, Free Website Migration, Free SSL, 24/7 Customer Support, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Types of Web Hosting Solutions
Hostinger has the perfect solution for you because they offer many different web hosting options. You can choose the one that fits your specific needs. With Hostinger, you’ll have access to different hosting solutions made just for your website.
- Shared Web Hosting: Shared web hosting is the most common type of plan that you’ll find on Hostinger.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud Hosting is for those with a small website and budget.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is for those who want faster hosting for WordPress sites.
- cPanel Hosting: cPanel hosting is for those with a small website and budget.
- VPS Hosting: VPS Hosting is for those with a larger website that needs more storage and resources.
- Minecraft Hosting: Minecraft hosting is for those with a Minecraft server.
- CyberPanel VPS Hosting: CyberPanel VPS Hosting is for those who need a control panel with a Lightspeed server.
Bluehost provides three types of web hosting solutions. They have shared hosting, dedicated hosting, and VPS WordPress hosting. They also offer managed WordPress hosting solutions.
These options give you the flexibility to choose the hosting solution that best suits your needs. Whether you’re just starting out or have a large website, Bluehost has the right hosting solution for you.
- Shared Web Hosting: If you’re new to website design or if you don’t have a big budget for your site, then shared hosting is the best option for you.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting is the most expensive web hosting option, and it’s for those who really want to get a lot of power from their website.
- VPS WordPress Hosting: This package has all the benefits of both dedicated and shared packages with no limitations or restrictions.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is the most popular option for those who want to run a site using WordPress.
- Managed WordPress Hosting Solution: If you’re looking for security expertise, then this one’s for you.
Features Comparison of Hostinger & Bluehost
Bluehost is known as the oldest and most famous web hosting company in the world. on the other hand, Hostinger comes from Estonia and was one of the first Eastern European companies to offer cloud services globally.
These two providers have some things in common and some things that make them different.
Now, let’s take a look at the main features of both hosting services.
When it comes to web hosting, finding an affordable option is really important. That’s what I like about Hostinger’s shared hosting plan. It’s super affordable compared to other providers out there.
In fact, it’s one of the cheapest plans you can find, especially when they have special offers going on. Starting a website or blog can be expensive, but with Hostinger, you can get a high-quality hosting plan without spending too much money.
It’s a great way to kickstart your online journey without breaking the bank!
Bluehost offers four different shared hosting plans. All of these plans come with high-performance Linux servers that run on the latest hardware.
You can expect a 99.99% uptime guarantee, which means your website will be up and running almost all the time.
Additionally, Bluehost provides customer service that is available 24/7, every day of the year. So, whenever you need help, they’re there to assist you. And to give you peace of mind, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This means that if you’re not satisfied with their service within the first 30 days, you can get your money back.
Hostinger shared hosting core features:
- 1 Website
- Free SSL
- 30 GB SSD Storage
- 100 GB Bandwidth
- Managed WordPress
- WordPress Acceleration
- 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Live Chat Support and more.
Bluehost shared hosting core features:
- Host one website
- Free CDN
- Free SSL
- 50 GB SSD Storage
- Free domain for one year
- WordPress Acceleration
- One-click WordPress installation.
- 24/7 Live Chat Support + phone calls and more.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Performance
Comparing Hostinger and Bluehost is quite challenging because both of them are well-established hosting providers. It’s difficult to say with certainty that one is better than the other.
Hostinger, a well-established company in the hosting industry, has been offering shared web hosting services worldwide for many years. They proudly hold a spot among the top five providers in this field.
With over 150,000 satisfied customers from all around the world, Hostinger has earned the trust and preference of many people seeking reliable hosting solutions.
When you choose Hostinger, they offer you a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which means your website will always be online, no matter what. They prioritize keeping your website up and running smoothly.
However, if you encounter any issues and are not satisfied, Hostinger also provides a 30-day refund policy (subject to certain conditions).
This ensures that you have the opportunity to try their services risk-free and make sure they meet your expectations.
Making sure your website has enough power and bandwidth is really important. That’s why I recommend hosting with Bluehost. They provide a high-quality web hosting service that ensures your site is always up and running, 24/7, without any downtime or server issues.
Bluehost’s performance is fantastic. They’ve been in the business for over 15 years and have witnessed the Internet transform into what it is today. They have a great track record of delivering top-notch web hosting services.
What’s even better is that Bluehost has a dedicated customer support team available all day, every day. They’re there to help you with everything, from setting up your WordPress blog to using your domain name.
You can count on them to provide the assistance you need, whenever you need it.
Server Security Comparison
Hostinger and Bluehost both offer some impressive security options.
When it comes to security, Hostinger provides different options to keep your website safe with every web hosting package. They offer varying levels of encryption and domain protection, depending on the package you choose.
Hostinger also offers SSL certificates to ensure secure content and connections for your website. Apart from the standard Apache installation, they also provide two other types: Litespeed and Nginx.
Hostinger takes the security of its clients’ websites seriously and offers a range of protective measures to keep them secure. They prioritize the safety and protection of your website’s data and provide many options for that purpose.
Bluehost prioritizes the safety of its servers when hosting websites. They have a dedicated security team comprising both internal and external groups.
This team works around the clock, 24/7, to monitor the global network and ensure its security. They employ multiple methods like firewalls, anti-virus software (AV), and spam filters to keep your server protected.
In addition, the Bluehost security team maintains constant vigilance over the network, promptly addressing any protocol issues or vulnerabilities that may arise. Their swift response helps to ensure your online safety.
Server Uptime Comparison
Hostinger has a super high uptime rate of 99.84%, which means your websites won’t be down for more than 24 minutes in a whole year.
They have a special setup for their hosting infrastructure, using separate networks that connect really fast to big providers. This makes sure your websites stay connected and load quickly.
Hostinger’s special network can handle lots of websites all at once. They have backup plans too, so if one server has a problem, they automatically switch to another one to keep your websites running smoothly.
What’s really cool is that Hostinger’s websites load really fast. On average, it only takes about 505 milliseconds for your website to appear. That means your visitors won’t have to wait long to see your awesome content!
Bluehost is a trustworthy hosting company that offers dependable web hosting services. They provide a 99.99% server uptime guarantee, meaning your website will always be up and running without any interruptions.
In terms of loading speed, Bluehost performs slightly slower, with an average of 502 milliseconds. However, if you prioritize higher uptime for your website, Bluehost is an excellent choice, as they deliver on that front.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Data Backup
Hostinger makes sure to keep your website’s data safe by offering an automatic backup feature for all their hosting plans, except for the Shared Single plan.
This means that Hostinger will create backups of your website’s data in case anything unexpected happens on the server. It’s an extra measure of security to give you peace of mind.
On the other hand, Bluehost doesn’t provide this service for all their shared hosting plans. Only PLUS plans of Bluehost come with daily automatic data backups.
But don’t worry! If you choose any other plan from Bluehost, you’ll still get automatic data backup every day. It’s a great way to ensure that your website’s data is protected, no matter which plan you choose.
Note: For these two plans from Bluehost and Hostinger, you can use a WordPress backup plugin that will reduce your backup-related worries.
WordPress Hosting Comparison Between Hostinger & Bluehost
At Hostinger, they have a special type of hosting called WordPress hosting, which is perfect for those who want to start their website without any trouble.
It’s really helpful for beginners who don’t want to deal with complicated technical stuff. Even if you’re experienced, this hosting option is great if you want to quickly set up your website and share your content with the world.
With Hostinger’s WordPress hosting, you can get started easily and have your website up and running in no time.
With Bluehost, you have two fantastic options for WordPress hosting. They have a special feature called “one-click installation” that automatically starts when you enter your domain name.
This is really helpful for beginners who want to get started with WordPress quickly and easily. I found it super convenient and hassle-free.
Hostinger WordPress Hosting Features:
- 100 Websites
- 100 GB SSD Storage
- Free Domain
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free SSL
- Google Ads Credit
- Weekly Backups
Price starts from $1.99/mo to $11.95/mo.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Features:
- 1 Website
- Free Domain – 1 year
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Free CDN Included
- Free SSL Certificate
- Custom Themes
Price starts from $3.95/mo to $6.95/mo.
(Features can vary depending on the price)
Bluehost Managed WordPress hosting:
Bluehost Managed WordPress hosting offers all the features of their regular hosting with advanced security and performance.
Advanced Security Features:
- DDoS Protection Free – 24 Hours a Day
- 24×365 Monitoring by Expert Staff
- Free SSL Certificate (new)
- Malware Detection and Removal
- Performance Test Automatically Run Weekly to Ensure Continuous Performance Improvement.
Advanced Performance Features:
- Dedicated Resources, Optimized Code, and Content Delivery
- Cache Headers & CDN for Unlimited Full Page Loads (new)
- 200+ Global Edge Servers
- Automated Backups Daily or Hourly
- Daily Offsite Backup – Multiple Data Centers in the US with Redundant Systems (new)
- WordPress Compression Tool Toleration Service
- 24×365 Expert Monitoring
- Unlimited Site Transfers (new)
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Kit Included (new)
- Daily Data Replication to Prevent Outages (new)
- Security Scanner with Continuous Updates for WordPress and Plugins (free, new)
Customer Support Comparison
Hosting is an excellent option for business owners who want to save money without compromising on quality customer support.
They offer a convenient live chat option that allows customers to easily get in touch with their hosting provider whenever they need assistance.
Whether it’s day or night, Hostinger’s customer support is available 24/7 to provide help and answer any questions. However, it’s important to note that Hostinger does not provide phone support.
On the other hand, Bluehost also offers customer support, like Hostinger. They provide both quick chat support and phone support, which gives you multiple options to get in touch with them.
However, it’s worth mentioning that connecting with Bluehost’s chat agent may take a little longer compared to Hostinger.
If you have a startup business and you need a hosting provider that offers reliable and readily available support for all your customers, then Hostinger is the perfect choice for you.
Hostinger vs Bluehost: Pros & Cons
- Reliable web hosting company with a high-quality LiteSpeed Web server.
- The excellent uptime guarantee on all plans.
- Price is the most affordable option for starting out online.
- Free domain registration for one year.
- 24/hour live chat and a ticketing system.
- Online knowledge base for finding answers to any question.
- 24-hour live chat
- Solid uptime
- Good support for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal hosting.
- One-click application installers for popular software packages such as WordPress, Magento, or PrestaShop.
- Security features of WordPress hostings are better than shared hosting.
- No phone number to call for customer service (live chat, ticketing system)
- Security features are not so good.
- No free domain registration (you have to pay) but you can find an affordable domain name at sites like GoDaddy or Namecheap.
- A little more expensive than Hostinger.
- Security features are not strong enough for shared hosting.
- Not so good for Drupal hosting because of a lack of application installer support.
Conclusion & Which is the best?
When it comes to choosing between Hostinger and Bluehost for your hosting needs, it’s natural to have questions. I’ve been in the same situation and wanted to find the best option. One way to make an informed decision is by reading reviews from other users.
Both Hostinger and Bluehost have some great features that can benefit you, like a free SSL certificate, CDN service, and backup options. These features are especially helpful if you have a blog or an online store.
One key difference is the pricing. Hostinger is generally more affordable than Bluehost, which makes it a great choice if you’re looking to save money and only need hosting for one website.
On the other hand, if you prioritize top-notch security and reliable server performance, Bluehost is the way to go. They are known for their excellent web hosting solution that ensures high security and server uptime.
If you’re specifically using WordPress, Bluehost offers managed hosting with advanced performance and site security features that go beyond what Hostinger provides.
In the end, it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing between Hostinger and Bluehost. Reading reviews and comparing their features will help you make the best decision for your hosting journey.